Last year’s “Columbia Speaks. CA Listens.” event was a success, considering the feedback that Columbia Association (CA) received from attendees and from the opportunity that nearly 100 people had to exchange ideas among themselves.
As a continuation of the outreach to CA residents that began with “Columbia Speaks. CA Listens,” CA is seeking resident feedback specific to CA’s membership program. During the next few weeks, people will receive an e-mail soliciting their participation in research that will be done by Club Intel and be presented to the CA board of directors. We hope you’ll consider participating in this valuable research.
There are many more ways for you to stay informed and be involved, including the following:
- Each meeting of the CA board of directors includes time set aside for Resident Speakout, so your voices can be heard by board members and CA staff.
- Several advisory committees help guide CA services, amenities, initiatives and issues, assisting the CA board of directors and ensuring that there is a substantial level of community participation and involvement in the development of CA programs, activities and priorities. These committees include groups that focus on aquatics, health and fitness, tennis, golf, Columbia Art Center, information technology and Columbia’s watershed.
- The Senior Advisory Committee discusses the needs, interests and concerns of Columbia’s mature adults, while on the other end of the age spectrum are the Teen and Middle School advisory committees, through which young residents of the community organize programs and activities for themselves and their peers.
- CA’s citizen academy, Excite Columbia, will return March 24. Excite Columbia is a great way to get an in-depth view on how CA operates and serves the community. It is a six-week course that meets on Tuesdays from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Those who are interested can learn more at ColumbiaAssociation.org/Excite.
- Columbia’s annual village elections — for seats on the CA board of directors and on the boards of the village community associations — will be held in late April.
Columbia has a history of its residents being active and engaged in the community. I encourage you to continue that tradition.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions/comments.