EY has announced the finalists for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award in Maryland. This year marks the 30th anniversary of the program, which recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.
These finalists were selected by a panel of independent judges, and the winners will be announced at a special gala on Thursday, June 9, at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront. The finalists in Howard and Anne Arundel counties follow.
- Marie Crump, DATUM LLC, Technology/Annapolis
- Michael Tanenhaus, Mavenspire Technology/Annapolis
- Mike Battle, BRMi, Technology/Clarksville
- Mike Baynes, Homeside Financial, Financial Services/Columbia
- Carlos Montemayor, Inflection Point Systems, Technology/Columbia
- Angie Lienert, IntelliGenesis, Technology/Columbia
- Zahid Butt, M.D., Medisolv, Technology/Columbia
- Shawn Justice, Enlighten, IT Consulting, Software and Systems Engineering/Hanover
- Martin Bentz, ClearShark, Technology/Hanover
The program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 145 cities in 60 countries throughout the world. Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year national program. Winners in several national categories, as well as the EY Entrepreneur of the Year Overall National Award winner, will be announced at the EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Awards gala in Palm Springs, Calif., on Nov. 19.
The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies. The U.S. Entrepreneur of the Year Overall Award winner then moves on to compete for the World Entrepreneur of the Year Award, to be held in Monaco in June 2017.