Columbia Association’s (CA) series of outdoor walks has returned in 2017, with eight remaining days of exploring the lakes, streams, woodlands and wildlife of Columbia.
“Exploring Columbia on Foot” will once again be led by environmental author Ned Tillman, who will guide discussions on the nature, history and future of these outdoor settings, including the plans for them and challenges they may face in the near future.
Each walk will be about two miles long, with four to five stops along the way. The walks will be held on nine Thursdays and one Saturday through October; most will begin at 10 a.m, except for the walk at The Mall in Columbia, will begin at 8:30 a.m. Registration is not required.
The schedule of remaining walks and meeting locations includes the following.
• Thursday, May 18, Oakland Mills: Meet at Thunder Hill Neighborhood Center, 5134 Thunder Hill Road
• Thursday, June 1, River Hill: Meet at Claret Hall, 6020 Daybreak Circle
• Saturday, June 24, The Mall in Columbia: Meet at the mall’s plaza in front of Seasons 52 Fresh Grill, 10300 Little Patuxent Parkway
• Thursday, July 15, Long Reach: Meet at Jeffers Hill Neighborhood Center, 6030 Tamar Drive
• Thursday, Aug. 30, Kings Contrivance: Meet at Huntington Pool, 7625 Murray Hill Road
• Thursday, Sept. 14, Harper’s Choice: Meet at Hobbits Glen Pool, 11130 Willow Bottom Drive
• Thursday, Oct. 12, Downtown Columbia: Meet at Lakefront Plaza, 10275 Little Patuxent Parkway
• Thursday, Oct. 26, Hickory Ridge: Meet at Hawthorn Center, 6175 Sunny Spring
For more information, contact CA’s Open Space Management Division at Open.Space@ColumbiaAssociation.org or 410-312-6330.