The Chesapeake Regional Tech Council (CRTC) and more than 350 technology executives from around the Annapolis-Baltimore-Washington region gathered on the evening of March 26 at the Hilton Baltimore to honor the region’s rising tech companies, outstanding innovators and all-around top professionals at the 10th annual TechAwards 2015: Connect With Confidence.
More than 60 companies vied for honors in six categories. A 13-member selection committee chose award winners after a two-month nomination and selection process. In addition to the nominated categories, the Selection Committee honored an exceptional company and individual with the 2015 Legend’s Circle Awards.
“With our proximity to the nation’s Capitol and top educational institutions, the Chesapeake region continues to foster a thriving technology community and provide a springboard for future innovators,” said Jason Silva, president of the CRTC and CEO of Sidus BioData, in Annapolis.
The 2015 TechAward Winners are as follows:
- Tech Company of the Year Award: 2U, Landover
- Innovator Award: BTS Software Solutions, Columbia
- The Rising Star Award: VersaTech, Columbia
- Best Place to Work Award: Groove, Baltimore
- Woman in Tech Award: Angela Brown, founder, CEO and president, Victory Global Solutions, Columbia
- The Future Innovator Award & Steven W. Oxman STEM Achievement Award: Clayton Cobb, South River High School, Anne Arundel County
In addition to the awards above, The Legend’s Circle Company Award was presented to Baltimore-based UnderArmour in recognition of its relentless pursuit of innovation, ongoing leadership in the Maryland tech community and recent advancement in wearables and connected fitness; Scott Ferber, founder of Advertising.com and chairman and CEO of Videology, was given The Legend’s Circle Individual Award in recognition of his game-changing leadership and impact on the Maryland tech ecosystem.