The Central Maryland Chamber (CMC) held its second Annual Hall of Fame Awards at Center Stage at Live! Casino. The chamber inducted an incredible slate of businesses, nonprofits and community leaders for their successes and contributions to the region.
The 2018 CMC Hall of Fame Award winners are as follows.
• Startup of the Year: In His Hands Massage Therapy
• Woman-Owned Business of the Year: McFeely Window Fashions
• Minority-Owned Business of the Year: Kiddie Academy of Odenton
• Business of the Year (Small): Bagels ’n Grinds
• Business of the Year (Mid-Size): Academy Ford
• Business of the Year (Large): Southern Management Corp.
• Business Partner of the Year: Maritime Conference Center
• Volunteer of the Year: Lynn Nichols, Lynn Nichols Real Estate
• President’s Award for Outstanding Service: The Arc of Central Chesapeake
• Chairman’s Award for Community Impact: Reliable Contracting Co.
• Lifetime Achievement: Leonard Raley, USM Foundation
Five Reasons to
Join the CMC
1. Meet your neighbors. We often don’t have time to get to know people who work at nearby businesses. CMC events present a comfortable and time-saving way to meet neighboring professionals.
2. The camaraderie among members. It gives you something in common to talk about, as well as a support system. You can make friends at the chamber to hang out with personally and professionally.
3. Social media exposure. The CMC loves to post news from members on its Facebook page. Target new audiences and boost your business brand with CMC’s reach.
4. Making connections. CMC staff members know everyone (or know “someone who knows someone”). If you are struggling or wrestling with a challenge, the chamber likely knows someone who can help.
5. Acquire new customers. As you meet new people and build relationships, referrals can come from your contacts, as well as others who just learned you exist and refer you. The CMC network is vast.
To learn more about the advantages of CMC membership, contact Nancy LaJoice, membership director, to receive a free benefits guide. Call 410-672-3422, ext. 4, or visit www.CentralMarylandChamber.org.
For details and registration, visit www.centralmarylandchamber.org.
8 Networking Mixer @ Two Rivers, 5–7 p.m.
11 New Business Ribbon-Cutting: Optimal Oasis, 11 a.m., Laurel
16 Seminar: “Filling Your Sales Pipeline,” 9 a.m.
17 Introduction to the CMC. Free and open to all. 9 a.m., Laurel
19 New Business Ribbon-Cutting: Textures LLC, 9:30 a.m., Odenton
7 Networking Breakfast, Annapolis, 7:30 a.m.
21 Introduction to CMC. Free and open to all. 9 a.m., Laurel
10 Networking Mixer, 5 p.m.
18 Seminar: “Get Your Business Found Online,” 9 a.m.
19 Introduction to CMC. Free and open to all. 9 a.m., Laurel