Benefitting From Chamber Membership
The new year is just around the corner. As you enjoy the holidays, you may also think about ways to boost your business in 2018. An independent study conducted by the Atlanta-based Shapiro Group showed that chamber membership is a smart part of any business marketing plan. Specifically, the study showed that consumers are 80% more likely to buy from a chamber member. Here are five ways to take advantage of being a chamber member.
• Get involved. Jump right in. As a new member there are many opportunities to take advantage of, but you can’t do them all at once. Work with your membership director to develop a strategic plan, tailored to your business goals, for getting the most out of your membership. Then jump in and get started.
• Step outside your comfort zone, but not alone. We only grow when we are being challenged. The chamber offers many ways to meet new people in comfortable settings, as well as providing referrals and introductions. The chamber also offers training programs that can help you and/or your team acquire new skills and gain new ideas that can take your business to the next level.
• Map your journey. Your membership director can help you create a map that will help you achieve your goals through the new year. Set up a meeting to map out your journey.
• Ask for help. Anyone who truly succeeds in life gets help along the way. Use your connections to meet people who can help you solve challenges, provide introductions and grow your business.
• Givers gain the most. As the new year unfolds, be on the lookout for ways you can give to others, and in turn, you will find that you gain much of what you need.
For more information on how chamber membership can help you grow your business in the new year, contact Nancy LaJoice, Central Maryland Chamber membership director, at 410-672-3422, ext. 4 or Nancy@CentralMarylandChamber.org.