CMC Welcomes Four Dozen New Members
The Central Maryland Chamber of Commerce (CMC) has recently welcomed almost 50 new members. They include Alexan Concorde; American K-9; Arundel Federal Savings Bank; B&R Construction Services; Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate; J .Melvin Group; Caliber Collision; Cambria Hotel & Suites/College Park; CarePatrol; CMIT Solutions of Columbia; Copy Cat; Council, Baradel, Kosmerl & Nolan; Hawkins Insurance Services; Davis & Davis; Dimensions Health Care System; Edible Arrangements #1660; and Epoch Inc.
Family Services; The Hotel at the University of Maryland; Howard Tech Advisors; In His Hands Massage Therapy; Kernel Associates; The Law Office of Steven J. Lewicky; Liberty Mutual Insurance; Mediabilities; Mr. Handyman of Anne Arundel & Northeast Prince George’s; New Penn Financial; Odenton Family Dentistry; Offit Kurman; On the Move Marketing; Precision Background Screening; Pridestaff; Prince George’s County Economic Development Corp.; and Promotionalogix Marketing Company.
Rebuilding Together Anne Arundel County; Renaud Consulting; Savvy Admin; Shaffer Ingenuity; Sharp Energy; Steve Oliff-Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage-Crofton/Odenton; Success In Style; TeamLogic IT of Ellicott City & BWI; The Arundel; The Bob & Ronna Group; Wabanna Camp & Retreat Center; Wellness by Shari; and ZIPS Dry Cleaners-Harbor East.
Power Connections Breakfast
If you thinking everyone is on vacation in August, think again. The CMC Power Connections Breakfast on Aug. 16, joined by 11 other organizations, is expected to sell out. About 250 attendees will gather for speed networking and a chance to hear Kelly Schulz, secretary of Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing & Regulation, address the crowd.
The event will be sponsored by Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission and Southern Management Corp. For more information, visit www.centralmarylandchamber.org/events.
How to Benefit From Attending the Breakfast
• Bring 100-plus business cards
• Bring copies of your company brochure or flyer to display on the main event literature table.
• Bring a door prize. Your prize and company will be announced from the podium, giving you event-wide recognition.
• Perfect your 60-second commercial in preparation for the five rounds of speed networking.
If you need help, contact Nancy LaJoice, CMC membership director, at 410-672-3422, ext. 4.
• While meeting each person is fresh in your mind, code the business cards you’ve collected to make your follow-up easier.
For example, try a 1–4 system: 1 = follow up within 24 hours; 2 = follow up within a week; 3 = add to a quarterly mailing or e-news list. 4 = discard (you can’t be all things to all people).
Upcoming CMC Opportunities
• Tuesday, Aug. 8: Bowling Fun Networking Mixer
• Wednesday, Aug. 16: Power Connections Breakfast
• Thursday, Aug. 17: Membership 101
• Friday, Aug. 18: In His Hands Massage Therapy Ribbon-Cutting
• Thursday, Sept. 28: Tour & Taste
• Monday, Oct. 30: Economic Forecast Luncheon