The list of winners of the 2012 Maryland Small Business Week Awards Program was recently released by Steve Umberger, district director of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Baltimore District Office. Janet Amirault, president of Software Consortium, in Columbia, has taken top honors as the 2012 Maryland Small Business Person of the Year.
Winners were honored at the 2012 Maryland Small Business Week Awards Luncheon, held Friday, April 13, at Martin’s West in Woodlawn. Awards were also presented to the SBA Baltimore District Office’s Top Ten Lenders and Top Community Development Corporation (504 loan program lender) from fiscal 2011. A list of winners from The Business Monthly’s coverage area is included below.
Each year, the President of the United States declares national small business week in celebration of the contributions of the small business community to the nation’s economy, and the SBA holds an annual awards competition to recognize outstanding small business owners and the champions who support them.
The three-tiered program seeks nominations from every SBA District Office in the country. Nominees compete within their own districts; winners advance to the regional competition and then compete at the national level. National Small Business Week activities will be held May 20 to 22 in Washington, D.C.
For more information on the 2012 Maryland Small Business Week Award Winners or the SBA, contact Rachel Howard at 410-962-6195, ext. 330, or via email@example.com.
For information on the 2012 Maryland Small Business Week Awards Luncheon or for tickets, visit www.mdsbwawards.org.
2012 Maryland Small Business Week Awards Winners
• Small Business Person of the Year: Janet Amirault, Software Consortium, Columbia
• Jeffrey Butland Family-Owned Small Business of the Year: Michael & Kevin Sosnoski, Goska’s, Severna Park
• Accountant Advocate of the Year: Ann Furst, CPA, Gardiner & Appel Group, Severna Park
• Women in Business Champion of the Year: Nancy Greer, Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi, Arnold
• Financial Services Champion of the Year: Mary Wamsley, Strategic Banking Partners, Gambrills
• Entrepreneurial Success of the Year: Marc & Erin Tohir, Priority Worldwide Service, Hanover
• Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Eddie Conway, III, Garry’s Grill, Severna Park.
• Attorney Advocate of the Year: Oren Saltzman, Esq.; Adelberg, Rudow, Dorf & Hendler, Ellicott City
• SBA Baltimore District Office Top Ten Lenders, Fiscal 2011: M & T Bank, Susquehanna Bank, Wells Fargo, CommerceFirst Bank, PNC Bank, BB&T, Hamilton Federal Bank, Howard Bank, SunTrust Bank and First Chatham Bank
• SBA Baltimore District Office Top CDC (504) Lender, Fiscal 2011: Business Finance Group, Gambrills