Ten local area agencies and organizations were recognized recently for their outstanding service to seniors in Howard and Anne Arundel counties, and were presented with Presidential Service Awards at the Acqua Restaurant at the Baltimore BWI Airport Hilton. The fifth annual event was sponsored by the local Home Instead Senior Care office.
This year’s award winners included the following organizations.
- Partners in Care. Since 1993 this community nonprofit, through a volunteer time exchange program, has worked at empowering older adults to remain independent in their homes. With 2,800 members at four sites across Maryland, services include transportation, home repairs, emergency support and much more.
- Alzheimer’s Association. Since 1980, the Greater Maryland Chapter has grown to an organization with 27 staff and more than 300 volunteers. The organization services 14,000 people a year through a full array of essential services, including more than 50 support groups, a 24-hour Helpline, respite care grants, Safe Return and educational programs. Through its advocacy and public policy efforts, the Alzheimer’s Association is a vital force for enhancing the quality of dementia care, for promoting supportive services for caregivers and for increasing federal funding for Alzheimer’s research.
- Atria Manresa in Anne Arundel County. Located on the Severn River in Anne Arundel County, Atria Manresa, a senior housing community, prides itself on providing a better quality of life to residents in their later years. Atria Manresa sets high standards of care and compassion in the community.
- Heartlands Severna Park in Anne Arundel County. Part of the 5-Star Senior Living Communities, Heartlands Assisted Living at Severna Park has been providing assisted living, and dementia and Alzheimer’s care, to the community for 11 years. Its reputation mirrors the care it provides to its residents.
- Heartlands Senior Living at Ellicott City in Howard County. A 5-Star senior living community, it offers independent and assisted living with more than 19 years of service to seniors in Howard County. Located on 48 acres, its dedication to seniors and involvement in its community are trademarks of Heartland’s care.
- Lighthouse Senior Living in Howard County. Located in Ellicott City, Lighthouse Senior Living offers assisted living apartments. The Lighthouse staff helps seniors preserve their happiness and dignity in a stimulating, familiar environment.
- Genesis Spa Creek Center in Anne Arundel County. Part of the Genesis Healthcare Community, located in Annapolis, Spa Creek’s health care units provide skilled nursing, medical and rehabilitative care for patients and residents. Its clinical care teams are focused on implementing a personalized care plan to expedite recovery and improve overall well-being.
- Ellicott City Health and Rehab. Part of the Communicare Family, this is a skilled nursing facility that provides skilled and subacute nursing services, Alzheimer’s dementia care and on-site hemodialysis care. The staff provides the care in a home-like environment.
- Bayada Nurses. Founded in 1975, Bayada Nurses provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic and personal home health care services to seniors in the comfort of their own homes. Its Glen Burnie office provides care to families and facilities in Anne Arundel County.
- The Gardens of Annapolis. Gardens of Annapolis is an apartment living community in Annapolis. Located just moments from Westfield Annapolis (the mall) and the Annapolis Town Centre, residents can enjoy all the comforts of independent living at this rental apartment complex created exclusively for seniors 62 and older.
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical home care and companionship services for seniors, with more than 900 independently owned and operated franchises in the United States, Japan, Canada, Portugal, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Taiwan, Spain, Switzerland, Germany, South Korea, Finland, Italy and Austria.
For more information about the company or the Presidential Service Awards, call 410-349-2320.