• Business Vision Board: Learn how to manage the challenges of running a business. Confidential, peer-to-peer discussion on business growth, cash flow, human resource issues, marketing, sales and operations strategies. Open to all BWCC members who are business owners, top level sales people and entrepreneurs. Meets the fourth Thursday of each month.
• Foundation Gala: This signature event raises money for local high school scholarships and educational programs. Call BWCC for meeting date.
• Government Contracting Council (GovCon Council): Helping members do business with federal, state and local government agencies through information, education and networking. Meets the third Tuesday of each month.
• IYM: It’s Your Membership!: Discuss practical ways to use your membership. Members share success stories, learn networking tips, sales techniques, referral strategies and more. Meets the first Thursday of each month.
• Membership 101: An interactive program that teaches useful networking skills, offers friendly and valuable connections and introduces you to the benefits of membership and how to use them to grow your business. Meets the second Thursday of each month.
• Talent Seekers: For members who are hiring managers and recruiters to meet monthly to discuss best hiring practices, share résumés and to learn about the resources within the group and in the region. Meets the third Wednesday of each month.
• Women In Business (WIB): Offers education, networking, themed programs and activities geared towards creating alliances and partnerships. Meets the second Friday of each month.
• October 2012 (Date to be determined): Annual Baltimore Washington Regional Government Procurement Fair
Learn how to get your share of government contracting business. Meet buyers from federal, state and local agencies. Complete in hours what could take months to do.
• November 14, 2012: Regional Economic Forecast Luncheon
Presented by Anirban Basu, regional economist, chairman & CEO, Sage Policy Group Inc.
• December 6, 2012: BWCC Foundation Holiday Mixer
Offers delicious food, festive environment and great networking with 200-plus attendees. A great event to use as your company holiday party. A fundraiser for the BWCC Foundation, a 501(c)(3). Money raised provides scholarships to local high school students and funds the math symposium. In partnership with NSA and other organizations, math experts teach high school and middle school math teachers real-world mathematics.
• Winter 2013: BWCC Foundation Gala
A fundraiser for Scholarships and Education. Includes dinner, entertainment, networking and silent auction.
• Spring 2013: Regional Business Showcase and Tasting
Serving valuable networking connections and delicious food. Meet 300-plus business professionals, check out leading-edge companies on display, as well as caterers and restaurants showcasing their menus with delicious samples.
• Spring 2013: BWCC Annual Meeting
Keynote speaker, overview of BWCC successes over the past year, a preview of what is to come, election of new board of directors and Business of the Year awards.
To Register for an Event: Register online at www.bwcc.org or call 301-725-4000 or 410-792-9714.
Meeting times and events subject to change. Please check the BWCC web site or call the BWCC office to confirm date, time and location.
Sponsorship opportunities available for all events. Call the BWCC office for details at 301-725-4000.